MerCruiser Alpha One Gen1 Upper unit gearcase housing 1547-8969 Sterndrive empty
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
Ships NEXT DAY at the Latest
- This particular unit is probably from 1983-1986ish.... basically the housings are the same internally no matter what drive/engine you have from that period of 1983-1990 with this style of housing (I-4 4cyl, I-6 cyl, V8 120hp, 140hp 165hp, 2.5L, 3.0L 4cyl, 4.1L 3.7L 4.3L V6 170, 470, 898, 305, 350, etc..)
This is one of the more unique upper casings as it was basically an early Gen I upper that didn't have the square horizontal stabilizer farings, so it resembled more of the Pre-alpha Drives.
- Please see my last picture info-graphic to help you identify your casing, or just find the number located on the underside of your casing.
- The shape of your case should look just like this.
- Stamped Part Number is 1547-8264 / 1547-8264-S (Located in the exhaust area on the underside of the case) This is not as important, but rather the case style, Please see last picture for reference.
- I've see this with 1547-8969 / 1547-8969-S stamped as well, It should be the same thing.
- For some reason many of the MerCruiser Parts diagrams show the picture of this upper with part number 1547-9412A18, but that is not the number stamped on the drive itself, as the other version with the square farings physically has 1547-9412 stamped on the bottom of them.
- The races are still installed and if you are installing a new gear set it is advisable to use the races provided with the new bearings. However, this is up to your discretion
- Freshwater Used part.
- Overall good condition
All Alpha One Gen I Sterndrives 1983-1990, but generally only found toward the earlier part of that time period. Yours will look just like this. See last picture info-graphic to help you identify which housing you need.