MerCruiser 45-36386A1 Pre-Alpha Driveshaft 1965-1969 120-160 Lower Unit 8 spline
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
Ships NEXT DAY at the Latest
Item Details & Compatibility
- This is the type of driveshaft used in very old & earliest models of the MerCruiser lower unit gearcases. 1965-1969
- IA-IB-IC (E-Z Shift) Stern Drive Units (1965-1966)
- S/N 1776349-2065186 (in short all of them)
- 120hp-140hp-160hp Stern Drive Units (1967-1969)
- MerCruiser 120 Stern Drive S/N 2062141-2791956
- MerCruiser 160 Stern Drive S/N 2065190-2763411
- The easiest way to identify this type of gearcase is to count the number of splines on the driveshaft.
- There will be 8 Splines if it is this style of gearcase
- If your gearcase has 13 splines Your lower unit drive is likely from 1970-1991 and not compatible with any of these parts.
Notable Part Number(s)
- 45-36386A1 Drive Shaft Assembly
- Good shape some wear, but overall good condition
- Looks like a groove slightly under the spot for the o-ring under the splines.
- Bearing is used and still installed, some surface rust on this. The bearing should be good to go, but I would recommend replacement if you are performing this installation. I could have taken it off, but I figured I would leave it on here because these bearings might be tricky to find otherwise.