MerCruiser Alpha One 45-853647 Driveshaft Gen II Lower Gearcase 3.0L 4.3L 1998Up
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
- MerCruiser Lower Unit Drive Shaft 45-853647 used in all MerCruiser Gen II Sterndrive gearcases 1998 & UP
- (1.81:1 / 1.94:1 / 2.00:1 / 2.40:1) Ratio (which is 3.0L & 4.3L)
- Basically the difference between 45-853648 & 45-853647 is that the 45-853648 was the "heavy duty" version of 45-853648. Dimensionally they were the same otherwise, and the 1998 & up gearcases used a different bearing & retainer on the shaft.
- This will also replace 45-816472 if you remove the bearing and use suitable 1991-1997 bearing
- DISREGARD THE NUMBER WRITTEN IN SHARPIE ON THE DRIVESHAFT AS IT IS INCORRECT
- I left the bearing on here, it should be good, but you will want to check it before installation and replace if necessary. This listing is primarily focused toward the drive-shaft itself. The Bearing is in good condition. For your own piece of mind I would replace the bearing, but this is ultimately up to your discretion.
Other Parts Included as pictured
- Retainer 853651
- Race from bearing 31-33138A1 (Bearing is still on the shaft)
- Purchase with confidence!
1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007