OMC 0389109 0389849 800 Hydro-Mechanical Lower Unit Gearcase Housing 1978-81
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
Ships TODAY if you order before 12PM EST Mon-Fri
Part Number(s) Included
- 389109 / 0389109 / 389849 / 0389849 / 390528 / 0390528 Empty Gearcase and Bearing Assembly (Stamped 326014)
- Needle Bearing Components 0389039 / 389039
General Application / Compatibility
This is the replacment empty housing for the LARGER OMC Stringer V6 & V8 Hydro-Mechanical Shift 800 Lower units 1978-1981
- This is the larger "800" series lower unit and is bigger than the "400" series typically paired with the 4cyl engines.
- The easy way to tell between a mechanical shift & hyrdo-mechanical shift drive is that the hydro-mechanical ones DO NOT have the visible anode square chunk next to the six little holes on each side toward the rear of the lower unit
- All of the lower gearcases from this time period were the same for V6 & V8 engines (V6 170hp / 185hp / V8 200hp / 230hp / 250hp / 260hp) 3.8L / 5.0L / 5.7L / 5.8L
- Freshwater Used Parts
- Original Paint
- Please inspect pictures to get the best idea of condition.
- Some scratches on the front of the "cone"
- The races are still installed in this and should be fine yet.
- Overall Good Condition!
Purchase with confidence!