MerCruiser 1623-4110 Pre-Alpha One Empty Lower Unit Gearcase Housing 1970-1982
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
Ships NEXT DAY at the Latest
Part Numbers Included
- Stamped Part number is 1623-5412 which is just the slightly updated version of 1623-4110
- General related part number found in manual is 1623-5356A4 (MC-I & R empty housing) and also slightly related is 1623-4110A6 (Whole assmebly)
- Overall good condition.
- Races are still installed in this. It is advisable to replace the races if you are installing new bearings.
- Freshwater Used Part
- Original Paint (Missing in some spots)
- There are some markings around the pinion area internally, but nothing on the bearing surface areas, so nothing that is going to cause an issue or problems.
- Basically this would have been found on MerCruiser (MC-I "120hp" "140hp" "165hp" 470 888 898 etc.) Sterndrives 1970-1982
This is not a suitable replacement for 1983-1990 models which used internals of different dimensions
- Your current driveshaft should have a pre-load pin on the top of it indicating that you're dealing with the right gearcase
- This will work for all engine configurations from that time period ... Just a short list below...
- 2.5L 120hp 4cyl
- 3.0L 140hp 4cyl
- 3.7L 170hp 470 488 4cyl
- 4.1L 165hp 6cyl 250
- 5.0L V8 305 (898) 198hp
- 5.0L V8 302 (888) 188hp
- 5.7L V8 350 260hp
- 5.8L V8 351
Purchase with confidence!
1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 GM Chevy Ford