MerCruiser 45515A2 87356A1 Gimbal Ring Housing Transom Assembly 1967-1975
IF YOUR GIMBAL HOUSING HAS TRIM SENDERS THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT BELL HOUSING
MerCruiser 45515A2 >77371A1>87356A1 Gimbal Ring Assembly (stamped 87356)
- This is for MerCruiser applications 1967-1975 (more towards the earlier part of that time period) where there the assembly DOES NOT have trim senders covering the pivot pins... Also, the pivot pins used with this type of Gimbal Ring were steel dowels held in by nails rather than having threaded ends that screwed in.
- This type uses a splined swivel shaft & steering lever setup.
- Provision for Tilt Stop Switch rather than actual trim senders.
- This was used from 1967-1975 (probably only the earlier half of that timespan, these are visibly quite different than the gimbal rings that replaced them as they don't have provisions for trim senders.)
- Again, if your Gimbal Housing has trim senders.. this is not the right one.
- Found on these Models:
- 2.5L 120hp I-4cyl GM
- 3.0L 140hp I-4cyl GM
- 4.1L 160hp I-6cyl GM
- 4.1L 165hp I-6cyl GM
- 888 188hp V8 5.0L 302 Ford
- 225-S 225hp V8 5.0L 302 Ford (1974)
- 223 233hp V8 5.8L 351 Ford (1975)
- Overall good condition.
- Please inspect the pictures to get the best idea of the condition
- Please contact us with any questions or compatibility
- Freshwater Used Part
Purchase with confidence!
1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977