MerCruiser 65535A4 87314-S Gimbal Bell Housing Pre-Alpha 1974-1982 Threaded Pins
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
- MerCruiser 65535A4 Bell Housing Assembly (stamped 87314-S but equivalent to 65535 stampings) Stamping is not entirely clear and might be 67314-S
This has been re-threaded/upgraded to accept the "contemporary" AFT installation shift cable 19543A4 (Sierra 18-2190)
- Up until 1983 MerCruiser used a shift cable that threaded from the other side. They did away with this concept and everything produced since has used a cable that threads from the other direction.
- For use with gimbal housings that HAVE Trim senders and used the threaded style pivot pins
- Supersedes to these Part Numbers: 42815A6, 42815A3, 94995A3 (design looks slightly different but would still functionally work as a replacement for 1983-1990 units)
- Overall good condition, HAS BEEN CLEANED & REPAINTED
- Please inspect the pictures to get the best idea of the condition
- Please contact us with any questions or compatibility. It is usually the best practice to just match the existing stamped number on your housing, however, you may need to upgrade your shift cable to an aft-style cable if you haven't already.
- Freshwater Used Part
- This was used on various units from 1973-1982
- 2.5L 120hp 4cyl GM
- 3.0L 140hp 4cyl GM
- 4.1L 165hp 6cyl GM
- 3.7L 170hp 470 488 4cyl
- 4.3L V6 262 185hp / 205hp
- 5.0L V8 305
- 5.7L V8 350 260hp
- and many others
Purchase with confidence!
1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990