MerCruiser 66156A6 63340 Gimbal Bell Housing Pre-Alpha 1972-1974 W/O Senders
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
IF YOUR GIMBAL HOUSING HAS TRIM SENDERS THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT BELL HOUSING
Bell Housing Assembly: 66156A6 (stamped 63340 but equivalent to 66156)
- It will generally be the best practice to try and match the number stamped in your current bell housing.
- This is for MerCruiser applications 1972-1975ish where there the assembly DOES NOT have trim senders covering the pivot pins but also is using the newer style of gimbal bellows... Also the pivot pins used with this type of bell housing were steel dowels held in by nails rather than having threaded ends that screwed in.
- Uses the LATER STYLE bellows assembly that has the groove (60932A1)
- Also Note... This has been updated (re-tapped) to accept the newer standard style of shift cable with REAR/AFT installation into the bell housing assembly (19543A4) You may have to swap out some components on the reverse lock system to accept this newer type of cable.
- This was used from 1972-1975ish
- Again, if your Gimbal Housing has trim senders.. this is definitely not the right one.
Found on these Models:
- 2.5L 120hp I-4cyl GM
- 3.0L 140hp I-4cyl GM
- 4.1L 160hp I-6cyl GM
- 4.1L 165hp I-6cyl GM
- 5.0L 225hp 302 Ford 225-S
- 5.8L 223hp 351 Ford V8 (233)
- 888 188hp V8 5.0L 302 Ford
- Overall good condition.
- Please inspect the pictures to get the best idea of the condition
- The first two threads for the shift cable are a little rough, but thread engagement for the new style shift cable is correct as we have re-tapped this.
- Please contact us with any questions or compatibility
- Freshwater Used Part
Purchase with confidence!
1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977