MerCruiser 94992-C Gimbal Housing Ring Alpha One Gen I 1983-90 94993A12 Transom
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
- MerCruiser Gimbal Housing Ring 94993A7 / 88302A1 / 94993A12 / 94992S / 94992-C (Stamped)
- Overall great condition minus missing paint in spots (see pictures)
Part Numbers Included
- 94993A7 / 88302A1 / 94993A12 Gimbal Housing Ring (Stamped) 94992S or 94992C or 94992-C2 (94992-C3 Was the newer version paired with the aluminum pin, but can be swapped with this one. The pins are the same dimension-wise the only difference is that it took the greasable needle bearing lower pin bushing rather than the nylon one.
- You can't install a nylon busing into a needle bearing one ring or vise versa...Functionally the same though, Ideally you would want to just use the correct style pin, but technically either one will work.
- Basically this would have been found on MerCruiser Gen I Transom assemblies 1983-1988 but also fits 1989 & 1990 models (square gimbal ring / square steering lever) (Just confirm with your parts diagram)
- The one special thing about these ones was that it was using the steel lower swivel pin and also the needle bearing bushing (you can tell by the grease fitting on starboard side of the gimbal ring.
- This will work for all engine configurations from that time period ... Just a short list below...
- 2.5L 120hp 4cyl
- 3.0L 140hp 4cyl
- 3.7L 170hp 470 488 4cyl
- 4.3L V6 262 185hp / 205hp
- 5.0L V8 305
- 5.7L V8 350 260hp
Purchase with confidence!
1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 94993A7 88302A1