Mercruiser OMC 6cyl Inline 165hp 4.1L GM Distributor Assembly Alpha One Stringer
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
- Removed from a 1974 Mercruiser 165hp 4.1L (also compatible with OMC from that time period, these both are the same blocks and used the same distributor)
Part Number Delco-Remy 1112621 6A21 (52277, 58205, 62419, 72623, 62419, 72623, 62426, 81192) These were the same and interchangeable over all of the different years this 6-cylinder engine was produced.
- This is an earlier model of this distributor because of the mounting for the condenser. (a hook holding it in vs. a small clamp bracket & screw)
- The internals are the same, and you can swap out the top plate to make it the same.
- This is a Marine distributor & not an automotive one.
- Some play in the shaft, but nothing outrageous for a 40+ year old part.
- The rotor, points & condenser are decent as it looks like they were recently replaced, but still used. I would head to any automotive store and replace the points & condenser them for a couple of dollars, and keep these parts around as spares.
- It appears the cap has a minor crack on the surface, it is probably fine yet, but like the other parts, probably best to just replace these...
- Some surface rust on this from sitting.
- The springs are good (the important part)