MerCruiser Pre-Alpha Bearing Carrier 52835A2 1967-1969 Lower Unit 120-140-160
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
Item Details & Compatibility
- This is the type of driveshaft used in very old & earliest models of the MerCruiser lower unit gearcases. 1967-1969
- 120hp-140hp-160hp Stern Drive Units (1967, 1968, 1969)
- MerCruiser 120 Stern Drive S/N 2062141-2791956
- MerCruiser 160 Stern Drive S/N 2065190-2763411
- ***The easiest way to identify this type of gearcase is to count the number of splines on the driveshaft.
- There will be 8 Splines if it is this style of gearcase
- If your gearcase has 13 splines Your lower unit drive is likely from 1970-1991 and not compatible with any of these parts.
Notable Part Number(s)
- These parts correspond to your lower unit having a plastic water pump housing rather than an aluminum one found on early models like IA IB & IC drives
- 52835 / 52835A2 Bearing Carrier
- 52834 / 79448 Gear Housing Cover
- 14-52833 Tab Washer
- Good shape some wear, but overall good condition as these were removed from a functional lower unit.
- You will probably want to replace the seals on this just out of principal, they might be fine but this is ultimately up to your discretion.