Mercury 500E 500M 50hp 1963 Gearcase Lower Unit Short Shaft 1626-2040A1 350 450
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
Ships TODAY if you order before 12PM EST Mon-Fri
- Removed from a 1963 Mercury 50hp 500E 4cyl (Serial Number: 1553XX8 - I cant read some of the numbers)
- This has been painted black at some point, well the whole outboard was, but originally would have been painted white.
- No leaks or bad seals found after pressure testing.
- Filled with fresh gear oil.
- There has been holes drilled on the fin for a horizontal Stabilizer
- I'm Pretty Sure is the Short shaft model (The driveshaft housing part numbers were for the short model)
- Measures 17-1/8" from the top of the water pump housing to the top of the driveshaft
- From the Online Parts Diagrams, this should be 1626-2040A1 as it looks like 1626-2040A3 was for the "Standard" length model
- 1626-2040 Stamped in the casing
- I believe this was also used on some 350 35hp & 400 40hp & 450 45hp models from this time period, please check your parts manual or ask me.
- I did not check the Impeller on this, and probably a good idea to just replace it while you are down there.
- Skeg is in good condition.
- No Cracks or welds.
- Freshwater used part.
- UPS Shipping so you get it in a reasonable time frame.
- If you have any questions at all on compatibility, please ask before purchasing as I am more than happy to assist you!
- Please inspect pictures closely to ensure satisfaction and if you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask!
- Purchase with confidence!
1962 1963 1964 1965