OMC 0981859 0982415 1979-1981 Hydro-Mechanical Lower Unit Shift Rod V6 V8 800
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
Ships TODAY if you order before 12PM EST Mon-Fri
Part Number(s) Included
981859 / 0981859 OMC Stringer 800 Hydro-Mechanical Lower Gearcase Shift Rod Assembly (1978-1981)
- Replaces 981319 / 0981319 (1978 Models)
982415 / 0982415 Shift Rod & Bearing (1979-1981)
- Does Not Replace 981616 / 0981616 for the 1978 models..
- 910203 / 0910203 Shift Rod Guide (1979-1981)
General Application / Compatibility
This would have been used with the LARGER OMC Stringer V6 & V8 Hydro-Mechanical Shift 800 Lower units 1979-1981
- 1978 Models used a completly different Gear Set as far as the clutch dog & Reverse Gear were concerned and this also reflect the shift rod & bearing. The main piece here is correct though.
- Not found on the 4cyl "400" Series Drives.
- The easy way to tell between a mechanical shift & hyrdo-mechanical shift drive is that the hydro-mechanical ones do not have the visible anode square chunk next to the six little holes on each side toward the rear of the lower unit
- All of the lower gearcases from this time period were the same for V6 & V8 engines (V6 170hp / 185hp / V8 200hp / 230hp / 250hp / 260hp) 3.8L / 5.0L / 5.7L / 5.8L
- Freshwater Used Parts
- Please inspect pictures to get the best idea of condition.
- Overall Good Condition!
Purchase with confidence!