OMC 384605 980113 0980113 Stringer Upper Empty Housing 1968-1974 High-Profile
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
Item Details & Compatibility
- OMC 384605 / 0384605 / 980113 / 0980113
- Eventually superseded to 980804 / 0980804 which had the provision for the steering worm retainer and only found on 1975 & 1976 models
- This has been "repaired" but it looks like they did an excellent job and put a lot of work into it. and machined a special piece to repair the quadrant gear mounting
- However one of the holes for the cover will need to be re-tapped (see pictures)
- Looks like it was sandblasted
- Has been priced accordingly, but very clean in it's current state.
- This is an empty HIGH-PROFILE housing that is the gear housing used on only a OMC Stringer Sterndrive upper units from 1968-1972 (All models) and larger 1973-1974 (V8 engines 225hp / 245hp) I.E. (90hp / 100hp / 120hp / 155hp / 165hp / 215hp / 225hp / 235hp / 245hp etc)
- Note the depth from the water pump housing mounting surface to the bottom edge of the housing.
- Actual Stamped / Cast part number on this is unknown