OMC Stringer 400 Upper Gearcase Unit Pinion Ball Gear Shaft 4cyl 120hp 140hp 85
Fast & Free Shipping on All Orders!
14-Day Return Policy
Ships NEXT DAY at the Latest
- Works on all OMC Stringer Sterndrive 400 Series upper units from 1979-1985 (4-cylinder models only with gear set 982244 (stamped 981161C)
- I.E. GM 4cyl 2.5L 120hp & 3.0L 140hp
- I am unsure of the exact part number on this...
- I have attached 2 pictures to this listing showing the difference between the 980046 / 982737 Shaft and the shaft listed here. These pictures are for reference only
- This would have been used with the 4cyl gear set that had the raised lip on it to accommodate oddly-shaped 4cyl gears that didn't have a completely flat surface that mounted up to the shoulder of the shaft. You can note the differences in length where the shoulder is by looking at the last image.
- Please measure yours before purchase and if something doesn't seem right with my research here, please let me know.
- The pressed-on bearing on this SHOULD probably be replaced as your bearing's race might not match this one, but this is ultimately up to your discretion.
- If you are performing this kind of replacement, it is always recommended to replace the bearings regardless.
- Please see attached picture showing the difference between this part and the similar part
- Purchase with confidence!
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Outdrive SternDrive Lower Unit Sea Ray Sea Sprite Ebbtide galaxy OMC Stern Drive 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986